- 3 cups mochigome (glutinous rice)
- 1/3 cup azuki red beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Put azuki beans in a medium pot and boil for a few minutes and drain.
2. Put 2 cups of water and azuki beans in a medium pot and bring to a boil again.
3. Simmer the beans on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes, or until almost softened.
4. Drain azuki beans and keep the colored liquid.
5. Mix some water and the colored water to make 3 cups of liquid.
6. Wash with cold water repeatedly until the water becomes clear.
7. Pour 3 cups of colored water over the rice. Season with salt and mix well.
8. Place boiled azuki beans on top. Leave to soak for about one hour.
5. Place a lid on the pot and cook on high heat until the water is boiling vigorously.
6. Turn down the heat to very low and let the rice simmer for 15-20 min until the water is almost gone.
7. Turn off the heat and let the rice steam for 10 min before lifting the lid.